Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Phooey on the FARM of Beverly Hills (10-11-10)

As our final breakfast we returned to the original location of THE
FARM of Beverly Hills, a spot I raved about only half a year ago here
on this list (that was the downtown LA LIVE location). Well, I must
retract that rave and say "STAY AWAY."
Only the coffee was really good as we sat down and they presented us
with a limited menu due to the Columbus Day holiday brunch. I recalled
an exciting multi-page menu back in April and this was a bore. There
was a kid's menu and at 9:30am Samuel really wanted the CHICKEN
FINGERS. Actually, other than the coffee, this was the hit of the
meal.
My CORNED BEF & POTATOES was billed as Two poached eggs on slices of
corned beef with crispy potatoes and caramelized onions. There was one
chintzy slice of beef that was overcooked, and the whole dish seemed
so cheap. Nobody ever asked how the food was, so I filled out the
questionnaire (we shall see if we hear from them). Will's VEGGIE
OMELET seemed to be lacking in veggies. He had a couple small pieces
of artichoke and asparagus with some goat cheese...that's it. The
sliced tomatoes (you could have had hashed brown potatoes or fruit) on
the side were red, but boring.
That said, I will keep you posted in the future if I hear from the
Farm folks!
ALAN now home...