Saturday, April 11, 2009

so sue me cause I love SUSHI A GO GO in NYC

Saturday evening I was headed to a late curtain at the Metropolitan Opera and wanted a lighter meal and had that old, "I don't eat leaven stuff on Passover dilemma." I thought sushi--without rice--and headed across the street (yes, again) from Lincoln Center to SUSHI A GO GO. I consulted with my friendly server who said COLUMBUS SASHIMI...three pieces each tune, yellowtail, salmon and whitefish. Brilliant. I started with my regular SEAWEED SALAD made from Kukiwakami, but this time there was a tad too much of the dressing and the last bites were a bit overdressed. Nonetheless, I adore this simple, light, vegetarian dish and it always makes me happy. The Sashimi plate yielded up superb tasty fleshy whitefish, salmon and tuna. Only the yellowtail seemed odd as it came in such small almost dicey pieces.

I met the nicest family from Italy next to me and she told me about her uncle's restaurants in the northeast region near Trieste---one day maybe.

I sipped the excellent GREEN TEA and decided to finish with one more appetizer dish: NEGAMAKI of BEEF with ASPARAGUS, which is under the salad listing, but is quite a huge dish. There is a yummy huge pile of fresh field greens in the center surrounded by 8 pieces of large or smaller paired asparagus pieces, each about an inch and half long which are in turn wrapped in seared, but fully cooked beef. It was a tasty dish wish a yummy sauce having a sweet and sour essence, but lighter, like a soy-ginger dressing.

I went to the opera full, but my pocket wasn't emptied too much as the prices are quite reasonable for this generally overpriced block! And the opera was superb as well!