Friday, April 10, 2009

goin' to GUANTANAMERA (NYC) where the cuisine and scene are cooking

Last night I returned to Guantanamera a 939 8th Ave (56th St) - www.guantanameranyc.com where I have always had a god and reasonably priced meal when near Lincoln Center or the theater district. Since it was Passover, I kept the meal grainless and had my 2 favorite dishes there.

ENSALATA PALMA REAL, a salad of mixed greens, artichoke hearts and avocado with a tasty vinaigrette, and CHURRASCO con CHIMICHURRI Sauce which is simply one of NY's best hangar steaks grilled and served with the tastiest of sauces. It now comes with rice and beans which was quickly whisked away whn I said I could not eat that on Passover and replaced with fried plantians--YUMMY!

The wine was a warm medium bodied FEBRE MALBEC from Argentina, the home country of owner Mario Zarate who has turned Guantanamera into a destination.

The bar was full at 530pm and the restaurant the same by 7pm. Everyone was happy and I look forward to returning again and again.