Friday, January 05, 2007

So sue me cause I keep saying SUSHI-A-GOGO in NYC at Lincoln Center

I know that you are all tired of hearing about the same places over and over, but I can't help feeling that SUSHI-A-GOGO right across the street from Lincoln Center on Broadway at 62nd St is really the PERFECT place for pre-concert/ballet/opera dining in the Lincoln Center area. My main reason for this is that sushi and green tea are just right before heading to a 3 or 4 hour opera! They fill you up, but don't weigh you down.

Last night I started with an excellent OSHIDASHI, a spinach salad marinated in PONZO with Peanut Crumble, that was just right, and satisfied my vegetable group quite well. The YELLOWTAIL/ASPARAGUS/PAPAYA ROLL was superb, but paled next to the daily special called a SNOW WHITE ROLL (don't you love the name?) of SPICY TUNA, GREEN APPLE, LOBSTER SALAD, YUZU TOBIKO and a SWEET & SPICY SAUCE on the side. Sushi-a-gogo has some of the best sushi specials around and the sauces they make for them are perfect, so much so that you forget the ginger, soy & wasabi altogether. This was one of my all-time favorites.

Sadly, they were out of the Mushroom Soup with Gyoza which is always one of their finest daily soup specials, so I will have to return again later this winter for that!