Monday, April 23, 2012

best brunch and maybe more on NYC's west side at Cafe FORANT (4-21-12)

Brunch today was a revelation, but I do warn that CAFE FORANT is a find and might have a wait for tables. A gorgeous sunny day in the city had no problem with quiet calm curbside seats, but on a bad weather day, there are only 6 tables inside at 449 W. 51st St (www.cafeforant.com). My friends insisted I taste the yummy Lavender Lemonade (it does have lavender color and taste, but it's also a hint to the lesbian owners :-)). I loved the coffee, which our cute as a button server insisted was an espresso blend (it was smooth and not bitter) that can't be recreated at home! My dish was CREPE with CHICKEN & ASPARAGUS and it was perfect, but the side salad of light baby greens with vinaigrette also shined. The star of the plates were the crusty crunchy sauteed potatoes. The other dish at the table was a decadent EGGS BENEDICT CRABCAKES..... The Bread Pudding was also divine, while I eyes the cherry scones (I should have bought one for breakfast the next morning). Who knows, maybe I'll head right back to Cafe Forant!