Sunday, January 03, 2010

another lovely lunch at LAS ROCAS at Capella Resprt, Ixtapa, Mexico (1-3-10)

Hi folks from the Pacific Ocean where we visited the port of
Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa today.
I felt it was well worth telling you as foodies and clients as well
about the gorgeous new Capella Resort perched on the cliffs above
Ixtapa with spectacular exclusive accommodations and gorgeous infinity
pools.
Will, Samuel and I spent the day at the pool and enjoyed a superb
lunch from the poolside restaurant LAS ROCAS. I saw the menus for the
other two restaurants and I think they are the top level in the
region!
While Samuel enjoyed the FISH & CHIPS I was wowed by the Chipotle Mayo
dip for the fries...he skipped it.
The drinks here are super too with cool CUCUMBER MARGARITAS (called a
Mujer Eleganate-or "elegant lady") as well as super yummy PASSIONFRUIT
versions. I stopped at two, but really wanted to try the BASIL!
Will and I split two of the excellent CEVICHES:
ACAPULCO was laden with fish, bay scallops and more with lime, tomato,
olive, capers and yummy tortilla chips, while GUATEMALA was loaded
with shrimp, onion, lemon, tomato, cilantro and habanero chili oil for
a small punch.
Will enjoyed his FISH TACOS al PASTOR with achiote, cilantro, onion
and pineapple salsa on the side while I adored my RED SNAPPER SANDWICH
with Grilled Artchokes & Kalamata Olive Mayonnaise on Focaccia.
It was a treat as we just relaxed and vegged out for the day.
Back on board we have a huge tasting dinner in the private restaurant
tonight!